Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baby Moon



For Christmas, Peter gave me a great gift!! I had casually mentioned in the fall that I would love for the two of us to get away one last time for a "baby moon" before Samantha makes her big appearance. On Christmas, I opened a card and it told me that we were headed to the Inn on the Biltmore Estate for an evening and then a day at the Biltmore House. So, last Monday, we headed off on our "baby moon." We ate dinner at the Corner Kitchen in Biltmore Village, and then headed onto the estate.
I may have gotten a little carried away with the picture thing, but I didn't have my camera on our actual honeymoon, so I was making up for it.
Our room at the Inn was beautiful!!
After we got to our room, we decided to go find dessert in one of the restaurants in the Inn. We ended up in the Library Lounge where we shared an apple cobbler and a housemade soda for me and a fancy concoction for Peter.
The next morning we got up and headed to the Chef's Buffet then over to the house. Our great friend Jeff, works for Biltmore, so he met us there and gave us our own personal tour. It was a great tour. He's had to go through the house so many times that he knows all kinds of tidbits of information that is not on the usual tour.
It was an AMAZING two days for Peter and I. We didn't get to go very far because of the lateness in my pregnancy, but it was awesome just to get away for a few days!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Brown said...

Sounds like you had a great time! It is nice to go on one last vacation just the two of you...