Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Samantha's Baptism and Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was WONDERFUL!! Sunday morning I got up and headed over to mom and dad's to give my mom her present. I gave her some frames and a scrapbook of pictures of Samantha. Mom and dad gave me a bracelet to wear yesterday on my first Mother's Day and the day of Samantha's baptism and also on Samantha's wedding day. It is gorgeous. They also gave Samantha a cross necklace to wear that day and on her wedding day. They are both very special. Then I headed home to get ready for church. While I was home Samantha gave me a sweet teddy bear and a card signed by her! (I know...she's advanced!)

In church we had Samantha baptized by Pastor Crabb. It was very special because I have known Pastor Crabb for over ten years now, and he then married Peter and I almost 3 years ago. He is very special to our whole family, so it was so amazing for him to be able to baptize Samantha. It was also amazing because we had so many friends and family there. Maddison came home from school, Colby drove in from Orlando,and Will and Kristen (Peter's brother and fiancee) came from Raleigh. The award for farthest traveled goes to Rachel who came all the way from Arizona! It was great meeting her and we can't wait to see her at the beach! We had many other friends and family there, and thank and love you all for making it such a special day!

After church the whole gang (about 40 of us), headed to Lake Julian for a picnic. You can't go wrong with Bojangles chicken and biscuits, and all of mama and Aunt Judy's fixins! It was GREAT. A tad windy, but a great time of fellowship for all of us. I do have to say that Samantha slept through almost her entire party. I couldn't believe it because she NEVER sleeps that much.

I can't put into words what a special day it was for me, and want to thank my mom for everything she did to make it SO special. SHE IS THE BEST! I will never forget my first Mother's Day! I hope all of you other mama's out there had a great day as well!
































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

get rid of the binky my c-ck will feel much nicer in your sweet mouth